LV2UI_Descriptor.cleanup() is never called (maybe only for LV2_External_UI)
I have an LV2 plugin with
LV2_EXTERNAL_UI__Widget which runs its own GUI in an isolated process.
Now zrythm shows and hides the UI kind of successfully (
show() is somehow called twice for unknown reason), but it does not seem to call
cleanup function on LV2UI_Descriptor when all the plugin instances are gone (e.g. by "Delete Track").
There seems to be a couple of places that calls
suil_instance_free in current zrythm codebase and the function would invoke
cleanup, but they don't seem to happen to my external UI plugin (might happen to any other plugins, I only guess it is about the external UI).
My plugin project is https://github.com/atsushieno/aria2web and the
cleanup code is namely at: https://github.com/atsushieno/aria2web/blob/b9966c6/aria2web-lv2ui.c#L203
I'm quite unsure if it builds for anyone else, so I put my binaries that I built on Ubuntu 19.10 at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qWCBSJ7G0IBecfnaXsPGf88wFHqXOiUt/view?usp=sharing (sorry if it doesn't work for you; it depends on things like webkitgtk on the local system)
#3 Updated by Alexandros Theodotou about 1 month ago
- Status changed from In Progress to New
- Priority changed from Immediate to High
- Target version changed from 0.9 beta to 1.0.0
np, nice! I can't build get it to work though:
LV2_PATH=/gnu/store/rbi7rh3j62j812k0chmqphp4zvgdrd3d-aria2web-0.2/lib/lv2 jalv.gtk3 https://github.com/atsushieno/aria2web Plugin: https://github.com/atsushieno/aria2web UI: None JACK Name: aria2web Sample rate: 48000 Hz Block length: 2048 frames MIDI buffers: 2048 bytes Comm buffers: 32768 bytes Update rate: 60.0 Hz lilv_plugin_instantiate(): error: No plugin <https://github.com/atsushieno/aria2web> in <file:///gnu/store/rbi7rh3j62j812k0chmqphp4zvgdrd3d-aria2web-0.2/lib/lv2/sfizz.lv2/sfizz.so> Failed to instantiate plugin. Exiting...
not sure if im building it wrong: https://git.zrythm.org/cgit/guix-repo/tree/audio.scm#n1940
I'm running ./build.sh and then copying the
sfizz-aria2web/dist/lib/lv2 dir to my prefix's lib/lv2 (and deleting the cello thing because something is linked it to /home/atsushi/soundfonts/sfz/karoryfer-bigcat.cello-master/)